There is nothing like the feeling of owning a brand new home, and being the first person to walk in and start enjoying life. It is so exciting to select a floor plan suited to your exact needs, choose lighting, fixtures and flooring reflecting the latest trends, and pick a color palette that speaks to your personal style while matching your décor of choice. Newer homes are now equipped with alarm systems, speaker systems, internet wiring, and cable so you don’t have to worry about installation or remodeling. Additionally, a newer home not only means minimal maintenance, but affords the luxury of being repair-free for several years with brand new appliances, roof, plumbing and HVAC. Warranties and energy efficiency are also excellent advantages to new construction homes.
Keep in mind, it is in your best interest to have a Realtor help you navigate the home building process. While builders and their staff are helpful, they are in business to maximize their profits. A Realtor will minimize costs and help you with negotiations, change orders, obtaining financing, coordinating inspections, title transferring, your walk-through and closing.
Jen and her team have years of experience working with buyers and builders on new construction sales throughout the Punta Gorda area. This includes spec and custom homes, properties in various stages of the building process and properties with allowances/credits. The team can also help you to identify lots suited for particular floor plans/dimensions and are experts when it comes to negotiating with builders and monitoring the home’s progress through construction. Their knowledge of upgrade and material costs keeps you informed and on budget.
Punta Gorda Builders
Punta Gorda and Burnt Store communities offer many exciting options for buyers looking to purchase or build a new home. Call us now to discuss in more detail these fantastic options:
- Spec homes are a great option for those who do not want to wait to enjoy the benefits of owning a new home. These are homes builders have created specifically to put on the market for sale to the public. With the high demand for a “new home” these homes don’t stay on the market for very long.
- Custom Home Builders in Punta Gorda offer various models or custom-designed homes based on your personal specifications and budget. You will find many model homes throughout the neighborhoods that are open to the public. When choosing to build a custom home you will also need assistance in finding the right type of lot.
- There are many options for vacant land in the area. Buildable lots can be found on or off the water depending on your needs. Here are items that you will need to consider:
- Proximity to the water and distance to the harbor
- Waterfront feet and ability to maneuver the size of boat you have (click here for additional information on our boating page)
- Some builders offer pre-purchased lots or you can purchase your lot first, and then either select a builder’s model that will fit or have them custom design a home for you.
NEW HOME DEVELOPMENTS
- New Home Developments – These are subdivisions where multiple similar homes are built on a tract of land which is divided into small lots. To keep the price of the homes down, the developer offers a few models to choose from with an allowance for items like flooring, fixtures and lighting.
Remember– Jen and her team will be your best ally when it comes to navigating the new construction options. Please feel free to reach out and we can start the conversation!